Sunday, November 27, 2011
Tigers and Lions
Friday quickly and almost immediately turned into fun day when we arrived at Emafini! There were only around 75 students in the whole school. Therefore, it became a field day! We broke the students into groups by grade and then directed a variety of relay races and games. I was with the grade 3 and 4 learners with Emily and Lindsey. We had a blast organizing different relay races for the kids! They had so much fun! They deserved a little bit of fun after a week of exams. One of their favorite games was "Little Sally Walker", where they were able to dance a sing. After we played for a while, I took my grade 4 learners to the classroom so that we could make bracelets. My class at Ogden made bracelets for me to give the children while I was over there. Since there were only around 20 learners in my class, I was able to give each one of them a bracelet. I had the perfect amount! Thank you class! Then, I taught them how to make their own. I had so much fun helping them make bracelets and singing will be intertwined the string together. I was able to ask them questions and talk to them about their lives and about their families. I had to say my last goodbyes to a couple of the students because they will not be returning. It was hard, but I know that they are being looked after by someone far more loving than me. Next week at school we are going to focus on organizing their library!

After school, we headed straight for Seaview Lion Park. It was a journey just trying to get there! Somehow we ended up on a dirt road that said, "No entry!" However, we eventually made it and it was stunning. They had all different kinds of animals there. They had lions that were 6 weeks, 4 months, 1 year, and then fully grown adult lions. Also, they had 2 month old tigers and adult tigers. I was able to play with the 2 month old tiger cubs. They were precious! The park also had meerkats, cheetahs, alligators, peacocks (?), giraffes, zebras and more...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment