Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I feel good...

Attempt #1 at a class picture... :)
School was so much fun today! When I walked into my classroom the students greeted me with a WONDERFUL song. All I heard was...
Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good... na na na na na na na
I knew that I would, now... na na na na na na na
I feel good... na na na na na na na
I knew that I would, now... na na na na na na na
So good... bum bum
So good!
I got you! 
It was the best way to start off the day! Singing and dancing... Then, they had to take two big exams. Ashley and I took that time to plan out next week together. Also, I brought new pencils that my sweet 4th grade class from Ogden collected in the care box. Most of the children have pencils with no erasers... therefore, they were in great need of new pencils. I sharpened 50 pencils with a tiny hand-held sharpener for probably 45 minutes. I have a huge blister on my thumb to prove it. However, it was all worth it! After the exam I passed out their new pencils. Their responses were unforgettable! Here is a little thank you to my students at Ogden!
Funny moment of the day:
  • I was sitting down reading a story with four learners and one of the girls told me that I looked very beautiful today. I thanked her and then immediately after she asked me why I have so much "fray" on my arms. Needless to say... they do not have any:)
Now, this was one of my favorite parts of the day! I was walking around helping the learners study, when I saw these drawings in one boy's notebook. I was amazed at how good his drawings were. I think that he was very surprised at my reaction. It made me wonder if he has ever been acknowledged for his amazing work. He deserves to be encouraged in his talent! I know that some of my students at Ogden will love these! He is such an incredible artist!
Finally, our day ended with Ashley and I learning a South African dance that is similar to the electric slide. The students all watched as we tried to learn the steps with a teacher. It was hilarious! Overall, today was full of singing, laughter, dancing, and of course learning! What a great way to start off the week!
Learning how to dance!

1 comment: