Friday, December 2, 2011

The Sky is the Limit.

At Emafini Primary School, their motto is the sky is the limit. We have been privileged to work with them for the past 3 and 1/2 weeks to help them continue higher in their endeavors. It has been an incredible journey. I remember the first day at Emafini like it was yesterday. Mr January was so intimidation, and now he is like our dad away from home. The teachers have become mother figures and comforters. The children have become our best friends, our loved ones, and our greatest teachers. I have become part of the family at Emafini, and I know that I will always remain that way. These people here are unforgetable. They have changed my life in so many ways. Their love, passion, faith, kindness, and their pure hearts have made this place so hard to leave. Emafini Primary School will forever be engrained on my heart. I had two boys in my class who came throughout the last week when most children do not come to school. Their names are Litho and Sihle. You already met Litho! They have taught me so much about love, laughter, joy, perseverance, thankfulness, and the list could go on. Litho is my little shadow. He is my best friend, my protector, my biggest fan, and he is the learner that is most adament about learning. Sihle is my singing buddy! He knows so many great songs, and not a day has gone by when we have not sung. I will never forget these two precious boys and all the things that they have showed me and taught me.



We revealed the finished library to the teachers, learners, and Mr. January in the morning. They were amazed at all that we had done and thrilled to utilize it for the school. They have never been able to use it for learners, and they have never had a check out system. Now, they will be able to use the library to truly reach the sky. Saying goodbye to all of them was hard, but I am at peace knowing that they are being taken care of. We had the perfect amount of time here to learn from them, teach them, love them, and be loved on by them. I am so blessed!
 We also had to say goodbye to some of the other people that we love dearly. All of the staff at our Bed & Breakfast became family. We will miss them dearly. Also, our faithful driver, Neil. We will never forget our bus rides full of laughter and singing. Our time in PE was incredible! I will always remember the warmth and love of the people and the beauty of the city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment