Thursday, December 1, 2011
Libraries and Love
Wow! Where has the time gone? I cannot believe that on a small scale it is Thursday of this week and on a large scale it is now December. We officially have less than a week left in South Africa and only one day left in our home away from home Port Elizabeth. Well, let's not think about that detail right now... Anyways, this week we have been working tirelessly everyday to organize, clean, and sort through Emafini's library. It has been a long journey to get to the point that we are at now. There have been moments of frustration and exhaustion and yet the victory of the completion is worth it all. And by victory I don't mean simply the completion of a task- it is something bigger. A victory in providing a place where learning can happen, stories can be explored, learners can reach farther... A victory in the joy that comes with serving others and giving all of your strength in order to put them above yourself. A victory that is shown in the wide-eyed, ear to ear smile of the curious students that peered in the door everyday during our efforts. A victory in love! True joy love are seen and found in serving others. It was an honor and privilege to serve the teachers, staff, and of course students at Emafini in this simple way. They now have a library with books that are organized by level and content. We finished! In just four days we have worked as a group to finish their new library. I am so thankful for our group and the hearts of all of the people that I am with here. We would have never been able to do it without just one of our group members. Tomorrow, we will unveil the library to the school! I cannot wait! Tomorrow will be our last day at Emafini and here in Port Elizabeth... It is bittersweet. But that blog post will have to come later... I have one more day and I am going to take every moment in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment