The students were able to put questions that they had for the students in South Africa and for me. I answered the ones that I could, and the others I am taking with me to ask the students firsthand. Also, there is a section for ideas. The students brainstormed different things that we could do for the students in South Africa. We then narrowed the ideas down to a couple of things:
- A school tour: The students thought that it would be interesting to see the differences between our schools in the United States and the schools in South Africa. Therefore, they have been recording different parts of their school. I will be putting a video together to show the students in South Africa. Then, I will also take a video of the school over there. The students will be able to not only appreciate what they have, but gain a global perspective. The video will be posted shortly!
- Pen Pals: The students will be writing letters to my future students in South Africa. This will give them a chance to interact one on one with a student across the world.
- Care box: I have been so encouraged by the hearts of my students here! They have such precious hearts and truly understand the importance of giving. My students were so excited about bringing in supplies for me to take with me to South Africa. They have contributed multiple items to donate to the township school that I will be working with. I have been so inspired by the compassion of my students.
I am so thankful to have 22 students and 1 teacher coming with me on my journey...
Hi!! I miss you so much <:)
ReplyDeleteHave you talk to any of her students? If you're going to, tell them I said hi! :)
-Jess